Corporate Image Video
EVI was tapped by Segway to help build the brand and boost sales of the innovative Segway Human Transporter.
The mission was to produce a high-profile corporate image video to be used for consumer marketing throughout the dealer network. Front to back delivery included: Situation analysis, content synthesis, creative concept, scripting, location scouting, creative direction, production, diretion, post-production, DVD imprint design, DVD replication and distribution.
Commercial and industrial users, plus early adopting consumers have given the Segway HT a good start; but, long term viability demands a much broader consumer base…from Millenniums coming of age…to established Gen X'ers…to an expanded base of baby boomers and retirees who make up the majority of owners.
After a situation analysis, EVI knew that in addition to being recognized as a technical marvel, the Segway HT must be portrayed as a product that is fun to own and ride, with the practicality to fit into mainstream lifestyles.
EVI created the following communications objectives: Viewers should…
- See one or more lifestyle scenarios and product uses they can relate to, triggering a desire for ownership.
- View the Segway as a product that is fun to ride and will add excitement and enjoyment to their lives.
- Perceive a Segway as safe and easy to operate.
- Realize that a Segway is technologically sound, rock solid, easy to own and maintain. A Segway is long lasting and "Hassle Free". Portrayal of commercial uses will support this objective in viewers minds.
- Become emotionally connected to an exciting and relevant product that has been accepted by multiple demographics.
- View the Segway as more of a living, personal item. We want them to see it as something owners really get attached to and don't want to be without.
- Be motivated to demo and purchase a Segway HT.
EVI wrote and produced a five-minute video portraying a series of targeted consumer lifestyle vignettes to meet the objectives. Shooting was completed at multiple locations in and around the city of Atlanta. High-definition video at a 24 frame per second rate was used to create a high-quality, film-like look.
Segway HT features, benefits and basic operation instruction were also included. These scenes were creatively integrated into the lifestyle video concept and provided short nuggets of information supporting the desire for ownership.
The corporate imagevideo was featured throughout the nationwide Segway dealer network.